Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Making the Introductions

First, “princess.” Maybe not really. Certainly not literally, don’t get excited on that front. I’m reasonably down-to-earth, well aware of the realities of life. I do not subscribe to the idea that I “deserve” to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on my appearance and accessories, and that it is my husbands purpose to make this possible. That said, I don’t have a job, I do go to the gym and get pedicures, and I have an inordinate amount of spare time, some of which I do spend shopping for items some would consider expensive.

But this blog (not considered a word by my spell check, oh dear) is mostly concerned with my spare time, and the other way that I fill it. Home improvement projects. Oh yeah baby. This is the “hammer” part. I was inspired to write about my projects by the latest one, which was so time-consuming and annoying that I could console myself only by writing darkly humorous tirades in my head. I do not enjoy home improvement projects; we should get that clear now. I love the results, and I am willing to suffer to get them, but only if I can whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment